Agency NewsMaintaining the Balance Parenting Program
Child & Youth Mental Health Program
- Free, one session!
- Strength-based, solution focused
- Open to any parents - limited number of spots available (pre-register)
- Understanding behaviour
- Relationship building strategies
- Importance of self-care
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
10 AM - 3 PM
Please contact 274-7787 to speak with Chelsea Bragg (ext. 5017) or Krista Ling (ext. 5077) to register or for more information on the program.
Why are we collecting identity-based data? The Ontario Ministry of Children and Youth Services and Children’s Aid Societies would like to better understand you and children and youth receiving child welfare services. We want to support programs and services that respect who you are.
All identity-based data that we collect is confidential and is voluntary to answer.
Expansion of the Child Welfare Mandate to include 16 and 17 year olds
Informed by advocacy from the child welfare sector, community based professionals including the Offices of the Children’s Lawyer and the Provincial Advocate for Children and Youth, but most importantly by the province’s children and youth themselves, the Ministry of Children and Youth Services has amended the Child and Family Services Act extending the sector’s mandate to include child protection services to 16 and 17 year olds.
As of Friday, September 30th, 2016, there is a change in Child Welfare After Hours services provided in Dryden, Kenora and Ignace. Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services (AAFS) will be providing After Hours services to all Treaty 3 band members. Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services (KRRDCFS) will be providing After Hours services to all other families, including those who would receive services from Tikinagan Child and Family Services.
Hear My Story
We have an urgent need for foster parents in all of our communities, to provide a nurturing, secure and comforting environment for infants, toddlers, preschool age children, adolescents and children with high medical needs.
Foster parents provide a safe, secure, structured environment; are good role models and team players; have a positive attitude with an optimistic outlook; have patience, a good sense of humour, empathy, and an ability to advocate effectively. Become a foster parent today!
- Children and families reaching their full potential.
- We are dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of every child by providing effective services to children and families.
- Positive Attitude
- We will focus on strengths, accept differences and see challenges as opportunities.
- We value positive connections and open communications to provide opportunities for meaningful change.
- We value mutual trust and respect through transparency, honesty and accountability.
- We nurture and embrace the uniqueness of all individuals and cultures in our workplace and communities.
- We are committed to the continuous pursuit of skills, knowledge and quality service.