Child Care Worker
Kenora Group Homes (Quote file# 20/18)
1 positions available
Hours of Work
72 Hours Bi-weekly (Full Time)
Responsible for the daily care and direct supervision of the children placed in a staffed resource unit. Create a physically safe and emotionally nurturing environment designed to assist the child in learning to cope and function positively both in the resource and in the community.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Responsible for the daily care and direct supervision of the children placed in a staffed resource unit.
- Create a physically safe and emotionally nurturing environment designed to assist the child in learning to cope and function positively both in the resource and in the community.
- Ability to demonstrate a mature and responsible adult role model.
- Knowledge of child development, behaviour management, and native culture.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Proficient in computer software applications including MS Office, and database programs.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, agency policies and procedures
- Must be able to work shift work
Child Care Worker or Child & Youth Worker Diploma or higher
1-2 years of experience in a group home setting or related child care experience
Current certification in 1st Aid/CPR/AED
Trained in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
Must be medically fit to work in a group home setting with proof of immunizations
Applicants with similar academic qualifications and related experience may be considered
Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle with an OPCF6A Insurance endorsement and minimum of $1,000,000 Liability.
Clear criminal reference check, v Clear Vulnerable Sector check, Clear Internal Records Check and a Clear Driver’s Abstract
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Hours of Work
Must be able to work shift work
Please submit your letter of interest and resume by April 27, 2018 to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services
820 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, Ontario P9N 3P7
Fax No. (807) 467-5539
We would like to thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Agency is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process..