Payroll/Human Resources Assistant
(Quote File #22/18)
Hours of Work
33.75 hours per week (Full Time)
The Payroll /Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing services for the Human Resources/Payroll department, which includes but may not be limited to: Overseeing the recruitment process including drafting job postings, interview tools and completing employee onboarding initiatives; tracking and coordinating grievances and labour management processes; Assisting with the gathering of data and HR related metrics for presentations to the Board, grievances, arbitrations and collective bargaining processes; Assisting with research and development of various HR/Payroll related policies, procedures and best practices; Completing full cycle payroll processing ensuring the integrity of the payroll system and records; Participating in the accurate administration of employee pension and benefits programs; Developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proficient in computer software applications including MS Office Suite and database programs.
- Exceptionally accurate data processing skills with the ability to create reports and presentations.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in stressful, high-pressure, fast paced situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Knowledge in Human Resources and Labour Relations combined with excellent knowledge of human resource functions and pertinent legislation.
- Experience completing full cycle payroll processes including balancing and reconciling all payroll figures while ensuring that deadlines and priorities are met.
- Experience efficiently administering employee pension (OMERS) and benefits programs an asset.
- Experience working in a unionized and non-union environment, administering collective agreements an asset.
Kenora, Ontario (may include some travel)
- A two year/Diploma/Certificate in Human Resources/Labour Relations, Business with Human Resources/Labour Relations, Office Administration or a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CHRP or higher designation an asset.
- Two (2) years’ related experience in the field of Human Resources an asset.
- Canadian Payroll Association Certified and/or 4 years of complete payroll experience a strong asset.
- Payroll and benefits experience; and knowledge of Ceridian software is an asset
- Must possess a valid Class G Ontario Driver's Licence and have access to a reliable vehicle with OPCF6A Insurance endorsement and minimum of $1000 000.00 Liability.
- Clear criminal reference check, Clear Vulnerable Sector check, Clear Internal Records Check and a Clear Driver’s Abstract.
Salary: $44,226 to 59,270
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume by May 10, 2018 to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services
820 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, Ontario P9N 3P7
Fax No. (807) 467-5539
We would like to thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Agency is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process..