Community Integration Program
The Community Integration Program is a free and voluntary program that assists families and their children age 6-18 years with a developmental disability. The focus of the program is to ensure that families and children have the necessary supports to facilitate their integration into the community, so that they can live their lives to the fullest potential.
Services We Provide:
- Home visits with flexible hours.
- Family support services that include advocacy and education.
- Linkages with health, financial, educational, and social services in the community, regionally and provincially.
- Recreational and life skills programming for children and youth.
- Adaptive skills assessments.
- Advocacy in relation to other community agencies.
- Assistance for young adults and their families in making the transition to adulthood.
How to Get Service
The Developmental Services Programs for children is a voluntary service.
Parents wishing to become involved may request assistance by calling the central access service [FIREFLY], located in the KRRDCFS offices.
- In Fort Frances, Rainy River and the surrounding area call 807-274-7787 or toll free at 1-866-646-6616 or drop by the office at 240 First Street East, Fort Frances, ON, P9A 1K5.
- In Atikokan and the surrounding area, call 807-597-4528 or drop by the office at 211 Main Street, Atikokan, ON, P0T 1C0.
The referral information from Firefly will be sent to the appropriate branch office of Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services and a worker will be assigned.